The paper I used for this layout was from the Kaisercraft Be-you-tiful collection
The background page was sprayed with Lindys Starburst Turbine Teal to give it a bit of interest and dimension. I cut strips of varying widths for under the photo mount and fussy cut the flowers. In the top right corner is a flower corner embellishment that was made using easy cast resin and then coloured with Copic Alcohol Markers. I inked all my edges with Ranger distress ink Brushed Corduroy. It is a great colour that goes with many paper colours.
As Fathers Day was coming up and I get quite a few boys in my classes I designed something for the men this time.
As men like something mechanical we made a waterfall card. (I call it a flip card)
I always love a shaker card so I raided my husbands workshop and pinched some of his tiny nails. We also made a cog from shrink plastic and a Tim Holtz die. A bit of a wow factor watching the plastic shrink.
The hammer and chisel were cut out on the cricut and the top was embossed with a wood grain embossing folder.
The next card was an easel card. We cut out the embellishments on the cricut and used a pretty post-it pad on top of the card so it was useful as well as fun.
I love teaching children craft. They are always so much fun. Here are the things we did in the School Holidays.
Prima Doll Stamps on a Prima tag. I find these so much fun to do. Had to change it up a bit for the boys though. Glad Prima have finally brought out a boy stamp.
We had some fun little head stickers so I cut some suitable bodies out on the cricut and made a funny card.
Our Layout. We looked at how to make the rosette with the Tim Holtz die. So much fun and so effective. It always looks so cool and is not that hard to do with the die. Of course I had to do a couple of different ways of using the rosette. In one layout I have used it as an award and in the other it makes a flower. We make our layouts A4 because it is easier for the children and the folders to keep them in are very affordable.
I used canvas as a base for this layout. Whipped Spackle and a stencil was used for the white texture.
I then sprayed the canvas with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays. The colours of these sprays are fantastic and they have a lovely sparkly sheen to them. I traced the hexagons with a watercolour pencil and blended them with a water brush. Then I used a white gelato to add highlights to the hexagons.
I made a butterfly from a chipboard butterfly. Painted it white then added crackle paste. When the crackle paste was dry I coloured with markers. I added prima flowers and a fairy cut out of prima paper.
The birdcage was sprayed with gold paint. I then added a beautiful prima flower and metal peacock